Labels

viernes, 12 de diciembre de 2014

Leveling up

Hello! today is the last day of term and I couldn't be happier! I finished my dichotomy character project in time and it turned out quite well!

I feel like I am progressing on my 3D a lot faster than I did last year and so far I've been enjoying every project.

okay, let's go back to my dichotomous character:


Texturing was long but enjoyable at the same time. For this project I went back to use diffuse and specular maps instead of PBR. The reason for that is that I wanted to keep my character in 3DSmax since I don't know how to rig and animate in unreal and time was limited for this project.

Halfway through texturing I realised that I had an error in my UVs. The ear mesh was overlapping with the head one which meant that when I textured it, there was a  patch on the side of the head where there was no hair...At this point I didn't have enough time to go back and change my unwrapp, therefore I had to tweak the UVs once the texture was applied to the model. It looks okay now but the UVs seem a bit streched on that particular zone.


These are some of my final renders in 3Ds max. In the end I didn't have time to create an animation which would've been awesome...




I decided to put my mesh into marmoset just for fun and surprisingly it looked good!




I am very pleased with this project. It's so much better than my gladiator one! I feel that every project I do is better than the last one. Hopefully the tutors will like it as well!


With this project coming to a close, my Christmas holiday has officially begun! Time to wrap myself with thick layers of clothing and hibernate (and do some personal work from time to time).

See you soon!

Carla.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario