Labels

sábado, 20 de diciembre de 2014

Character Dichotomy: Postmortem

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to talk about my last project and reflect on what went well and what didn't go as well.
I was meant to post this earlier but I have been very ill the past few days and I had no energy. All I did was to barely eat, sleep lots and whatch Feng Zhu tutorials in bed.

Anyway, I think this project has been very successful although I feel I could've managed a better character. Perhaps I should've spent more time concepting but I was kind of rushing trying to find a good duo. After I finished my final concept, almost everyone was doing their 3D models and it kind of put pressure on me to skip details and focuus on modelling only.


I did some sketches to see what my character could've looked like if I improved its silhouette and its overall feel.

All of this means that my time management was poor once again, or at least not as good as it should've been. I still have to find a workflow that allows me to produce good amounts of work in a short period of time.

I am also a little bit disappointed that I couldn't do an animation for this character. I know it was a stretch goal but still, I really wanted to learn how to create idle animations. It just makes your work look more professional.

Zbrush....I feel I could've pushed my model a lot further, I was being cautious. I am scared that if I try too many things I will get overwhelmed by the software but it is something I need to get better at.

It seems that every project I do punches me in the face while yelling to get better and that's all I can do. I have to keep going and keep pushing myself. I do not wish to be average by the end of my third year.
It's been very tough and it'll only get harder but that's how it is and I am happy to take on the challenge.

Well, with this project done and with my illness almost gone I have decided to dedicate my christmas holiday to revise my fundamental drawing skills! I recently bought an awesome book called how to draw by Scott Robertson and it is incredible to learn design fundamentals.


See you soon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario