Labels

lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015

Last week of OTM

Hello everyone! Last week was hand in time for the Off the map project and everyone was very stressed to say the least. There were so many things that needed to be done before the Friday deadline therefore we decided to focus on those things that were achievable.


Here's the last concept I did for the project and I have to say we managed to include most of the elements in it into our final scene.

In terms of 3D I was in charge of creating the pick up pages as well as the foliage in the level. I thought this task was going to go pretty quickly but it took quite a bit of time!


The idea for the last pick up was a drawing of the three sisters in Alice in Wonderland style which I did in fine liner and Photoshop.
From here I moved on to making the trees. I did four to begin with and I am glad I didn't decide to make more because I wouldn't have been able to finish them! I was advised to be careful with crossing alpha planes as it would make the frame rate drop and for being too careful I spent way too much time creating the canopy. It wasn't until later that I was told that it didn't matter if they cross as long as it isn't a big amount.



At this point I just went a bit crazy with it and made the foliage more dense and 'tree like'. I fixed the normals for the planes to make the trees look more realistic. But then only two of the trees were good to export. I don't know what is wrong with the other two but as I try to export them the program just crashes. Due to time constraints I just decided to just use the available trees for now and try to fix the problem with the other ones after the DMU deadline.


I also made flowers and grass but I had to limit the amount due to running out of time. I modeled almost all of the flowers instead of using alphas because of the frame rate situation and to be fair they look pretty good!

And here are some screenshots of my assets:





I will be doing a post mortem about this project soon and I reckon it'll be pretty long...so look forward to that because I have learned a lot thanks to the OTM!

See you soon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario