Labels

miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

The 3D struggle



This week 3D project consisted in creating a photo realistic building with a maximum budget of 2500 triangles and 8mb of texture space.

I have no prior experience using 3D software and even though I have been in the Game Art course for 8 weeks I'm still figuring out how to use the vast amount of tools that 3D max can offer.


I am quite pleased with the outcome of the building. There are details I would improve such as the windows and the wood beams. Also, the roof was mean to be dark grey but it turned out lighter than expected.

If I were to start this project all over again I would've done it differently. I used too many triangles for such a simple design!

The most challenging part? I would say making the 3D model. Making sure all the verices were connected, that the shape was right and that it looked as close as possible to the original building.
Texturing was not difficult, it just took time and a great amount of patience.


Well, compare yourselves:




This is just the beginning. Even though I get frustrated and angry at the software, I want to keep on doing projects. I know I can become better.


Thank you for reading,


Carla.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario