Labels

domingo, 30 de noviembre de 2014

Dichoto..what?

Hello! This is week three on our character project and somehow we got an extension which means our hand in date has been moved to next week! I am happy and confused by this news as I thought deadlines were not negotiable specially this year...The good thing is that it will allow me more time to polish my character.

Anyway, last update I talked about the idea of making two chinese warriors but in the end I decided to change it a little bit. The tutors were right, my characters were very similar and the brief said very explicitly they had to be dichotomous.


I put together one last mood board after I spoke to one of the teachers and he told me about this people that lived in boats along the coast line of china centuries ago. They would rarely touch the firm ground and they were considered outcasts and gypsies by the hans (the people who lived on the ground).
I thought that was very interesting, therefore I decided to base my characters around this idea.

I liked the idea of a master and an apprentice and so I recycled a bit my ideas and started sketching:





By this point I knew the overall look of my characters, so I moved onto colour testing!



I started by picking colours from my mood boards, but towards the end I tried to narrow down the colors to those I felt worked best with the characters.

Then I did a quick value study and finally I had my two charcters ready to model!



This year is a lot more focused on 3D and we barely have time to concept, everything must be quick and efficient and I wish I could spend more time making pretty pictures but oh well..we're 3D artists after all.

This is it for today, next post I'll be talking about the modellig process!

See you soon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario