Labels

jueves, 22 de enero de 2015

It's all about the detail

Hello! This week has been pretty stressful, I've had a lot of things in my mind as well as the container city project but I think I'll dedicate a different post to talk about my inner turmoil.

So...detail,yes, this week I have been working on textures.


The stairs were the first asset I textured and I have to say I spent a good amount adding detail to them, specially the metal boxes. They look pretty realistic in engine which I am very proud of. Seems like PBR texturing is getting easier as the year progresses.


Then I moved onto the first room of our level. I spent pretty much a whole day texturing this and even though I am happy with the way it looks, I feel that I shouldn't have spent that much time. Most of the items in the room are small assets and therefore they don't need much detail...

Also, I have been working on the concepts for the statues near the shrine.


I wanted something fairly simple but that looked interesting. The idea is that as the player walks towards the altar, the bowl that the statues hold will catch fire.


This is my final concept which I will start modelling tomorrow.

Our level is progressing quite well, what worries me is that it's only two in my group in charge of the props and I am afraid we might not be able to fully populate our level...We need to meet up and evaluate our level. We only have a week left and we really need to prioritize.

See you soon!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario