Labels

martes, 6 de mayo de 2014

Character texturing

Hello! This week project has been quite intense in the aspect that the time was limited and we were asked to texture and rig two characters.

One was a woman and the other a man. I easily came up with a concept design for the girl butt for the man..it took me a while. The meshes are low poly, therefore there wasn´t that much one could do. They are also quite cartoon-y, and I like realistic characters better but, work is work so I went and did it.


For the girl I decided to go with a casual yet sexy look. I liked the idea of the dress-jumper. I needed to add more details, therefore I thought that tights would be a good option. Boots and socks  compliment the dress and make the texture look harmonic.

I really like the woman. I could've add more detail but again, time was limited to 7 days and I had another project going on at the same time.



The man was hard to texture. I had trouble deciding which outfit I would paint. In the end I decided to go for a skater sort of look. But then I realised I don't know how to paint jean texture...With the help of references I managed to come pretty close to the actual look.



This project was a good practise and I am happy with my two characters.

This is a competition therefore pressure is on! I'd love to get some recognition for my textures but regardless I am happy because I learned from it and that's enough for me :)

Carla.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario