Labels

jueves, 22 de mayo de 2014

Concept art is hard work!

Hello! I recently finished one of my first attempts at concept art. This task was given to us about a month ago. We were asked to produce a concept painting influenced by the world of 'The last of us'.

I started this project about ten times because I hated every single attempt. I have a great image in my head but I can't paint it. It is very frustrating.

In the end I decided to use a few pictures to have something in the background I could work with. I still found it difficult to make a scene but I was determined to keep going until I came out with something that was okay.


And here it is! I feel like it is not dramatic enough, maybe because of the lighting...
I do like the composition and making the buildings old and broken was a lot of fun.

I hope that if I keep making more of this I'll reach a point where it won't be much of a struggle to do it.
practise, practise, practise!


Carla.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario