Labels

viernes, 17 de octubre de 2014

Right on track

Hello everyone!

Film room project is coming along very nicely. From the start we set up a timetable so that we get everything done in time.

I think we're all keeping up in terms of work and I am happy to be working with this group. At the beginning I thought that I wouldn't feel comfortable working with them because one of the members in my group was quite bossy when it came to choosing the movie room.

It turns out that we work quite well together and so far we haven't had any problems to communicate with each other and help each other.

Now, time to show you work:



My task is to concept, model and texture the toy cars which are placed on top of the record player as well as on the floor.

Because they are very small in the scene I probably didn't need to concept them but it helped me in terms of visualising the object.



This are my 3D models of the cars. I was given a budget of 1000 triangles per car but later on I was suggested to reduce them to 500 triangles. It was a painful process to make them low poly as I love strip modelling and I really enjoy modeling cars. The truth though,  is that they are too small fro detail to be appreciated...

Anyway I think I managed the overall shape of the three vehicles even though I had a little triangle budget and I am happy with the models.

Unwrapping was quite straight forward, Because a car is made out of different pieces put together it's easy to place the seams on the object.


I have started texturing the racing car and I'll probably finish all of my texturing by next Monday(20th). After texturing is done all we have to do is put the whole scene into engine and get our presentation ready!

We also have to do a real life paper model of the scene to understand how lighting works in real life and how film directors set up lighting depending on the scene.

We haven't started it yet which it's not good but hopefully we'll be working on the paper model over the weekend and get it ready for presentation day.



See you soon!

Carla.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario